headerRed

First National Bank

Vandalia, Illinois

The First National Bank had operations located on three levels of their building, which was constructed in 1849.  This project included connecting to an adjacent building to consolidate operations on the street level.

Extensive programming was required along with interior design services to design the teller line and cabinetwork, ceiling and lighting, finish and furniture selections.

The Lobby

Customers can enter the bank from either end and easily find their way to the teller line and retail area.  The old and newer spaces are tied together visually by the use of continuous cove lighting extending from one entry to the other.

An existing vault was removed from this area to open up the lobby space.  Structural shoring was required for this to take place but the cost and inconvenience was justified by the end result.